This full day workshop will give you a thorough understanding of the on-set dailies process and how you might use it on your next job.
Part 1 – Morning session
- A firm understanding of the DIT role for dailies deliver
- The new age of set to post relationship
- Preparing hardware and software for an effective on-set cart
- How to properly back up footage for TV & film production
- Software options for checks and verification to calibrate/profile on-set
- Using scopes valuate exposure and color
- Live grading on set and creating LUTs/CDLs for Resolve and Scratch
- Using a color control surface
Part 2 – Afternoon session
- Use of the gray card for one light and camera matching
- Advantages in using a color temp meter; calibrating / profiling your cart monitor
- Primary color correction Scratch 8, Resolve 10, and REDCine X Pro
- Audio syncing
- Creating high quality files for online dailies viewing
- Using a cloud service for dailies upload
For additional information and registration, please visit AbelCine’s website.
About Von Thomas:
In addition to being an educator, Von Thomas is a DIT and Dailies colorist, photographer, cinematographer, and digital capture expert. Early in his career, he was an advertising fashion and beauty photographer. In 2001, he opened a digital capture boutique in New York (Digital Tech NYC), later venturing over to digital cinema and becoming an instructor for REDucation. Today, he leads his own DIT On-Set Dailies workshops across the US and as far away as Ireland.